A stylish and fashionable home decoration is considered to be a topiariy of cones. You can make it yourself, which means you can give a part of your soul to create comfort.
The round shape of topiary is known since the creation of the Gardens of Semiramis, where the bushes and trees were given fancy round shapes. The development of art gardeners continued in the gardens of Japan and Versailles.
In our time, the European tree or the tree of happiness is made from different materials of natural and artificial origin.
It can be coffee beans, acorns, chestnuts, pasta, nuts, cinnamon sticks and others. Regarding the shape, it depends on the manufacturer's imagination. The most common option is a ball, but the cone, heart, figure is not far from it.
What is topiary
In our time, the European tree or the tree of happiness is made from different materials of natural and artificial origin. These can be coffee beans, acorns, chestnuts, macaroni, nuts, cinnamon sticks and others. Regarding the shape, it depends on the manufacturer’s fantasy. The most common option is a ball, but the cone, heart, figure is not far from it.
Topiary from cones is considered one of the most simple and spectacular. Material for creating a decorative element can be found in any city, even a megalopolis. Even talented children will cope with the production scheme. And the cone structure turns the decoration into an original design step. The trunk for topiary is made of twigs, thick wire, tubules or a combination of different materials.
Pineapple topiary is considered one of the most simple and spectacular
Decorative topiary is an artificial low tree, according to legends, capable of attracting comfort, warmth and well-being to a house. The classic decoration consists of five basic elements:
- Ball-based, which is attached to the crown products. It is made of newspapers, foam, balloon or foam. In the shops of needlework you can buy ready-made plastic blank.
- Crown, which is considered the main element of topiary. The choice of materials depends on the imagination of the needlewoman. These can be coffee beans, cones, acorns, Christmas balls, and even candy.
- The trunk. It can also be made independently of cardboard, pencil, twigs. The main thing is to look like a tree.
- The pot. The tree of happiness should be fixed in a pot, glass or jar, so as not to fall. It also depends on the fantasy of the master. Even an ordinary plastic cup can be turned into a work of art.
- Decorative items. To hide the gaps between the main materials and decorate crafts, use the original beautiful decor. For example, the trunk can be decorated with ribbons, and beads, flowers, leaves should be added to the ball.
Decorative topiary is an artificial low tree, according to legends, which can attract comfort, warmth and well-being to a house.
Regularly clean dust from topiary so that it does not become a dust collector
Topiary needs care, as well as any element of the interior. If we create it with our own hands, it is especially expensive for us, so follow the rules of operation:
- keep from mechanical damage (do not let the child play, do not drop);
- hide from direct sunlight so that the product does not burn out and does not lose its color;
- clean dust regularly using a soft brush or hair dryer (not high power);
- do not wet, otherwise the glue will no longer hold the decorative elements;
- if coffee beans are used in the design, to reveal the wonderful aroma, you can wipe the ball with a damp cloth;
- do not store near heating devices, so as not to overdry the product, which leads to its fragility.
Such an element of decor will give comfort to your home.
Tip! The crown of the tree of happiness can be made of any materials, starting with paper flowers, Christmas tree decorations, ending with money, threads and natural materials. Do not be afraid to experiment to create a unique original composition.
On the eve of the New Year holidays, it is important to decorate the house not only with Christmas tree decorations, but also with fresh fragrant cones. Choosing material for crafts, pay attention to the fruits of pine, spruce, cedar. However, products of other coniferous trees will also be an excellent interior decoration.On the eve of the New Year holidays, it is important to decorate the house not only with Christmas tree decorations, but also with fresh fragrant cones. Choosing material for crafts, pay attention to the fruits of pine, spruce, cedar
To perform the tree of happiness need such materials:
- cones of any coniferous tree;
- a heat gun equipped with silicone glue sticks;
- foam for the base (ball);
- old newspapers;
- decorations for the trunk, the pot and the ball (ribbons, beads, buttons, moss, artificial or dried flowers);
- gypsum or alabaster (the second dries longer);
- pottery dishes;
- materials to create a trunk (wooden stick up to 45 cm);
- spray paint;
To make the happiness tree neat, you need to sort the cones so that only the same size remains. Also, freshly picked cones do not forget to rinse in water and dry well in the oven for 10-15 minutes.
The oven temperature should be 350 degrees. Check for insects. They should not be in the fruit.
To make the happiness tree neat, you need to sort the cones so that only the same size remains.
If you use polystyrene foam as a base for a European tree, make sure that the trunk is tightly attached to it. But it is better to choose old newspapers or papier-mâché. Paper needs to be crushed, put in hot water and add chips of laundry soap. After the material swells, it is easy to make a ball out of it. True, before decorating you need to dry it well.
For the base, which completely holds the finished structure, it is recommended to choose one of the installation mixtures. This may be a cement-sand mortar, gypsum, alabaster or putty. Also suitable floristic foam or foam. The best option is alabaster, since it does not crack, it is divorced quickly and easily, and in the presence of every hardware store.
To fill one medium pot with alabaster, you need to thoroughly mix 1 kg of the mixture with three glasses of water. When you get the consistency of thick cream, pour the mixture into the pot. The barrel is installed immediately, it must be kept in one position for 2-3 minutes. Dries the substance in 12-24 hours. Only then can the pot be decorated with cloth, beads and other available materials.Little topiary without legs
Tip! To correct the shape of a sloppy newspaper ball, wrap it around the threads.
When the preparation process is completed and all materials are collected, you can begin to design topiary. If you follow the instructions, you can select the following steps to perform a decorative element:
- Make a wooden stick from a wooden stick. It is necessary to cut off the height that you want, given the size of the pot and the diameter of the ball. It can be painted, wrapped with ribbons or left as a tree.
- The barrel must be inserted into the ball and securely fixed with glue. If at the base of the ball foam, the hole for the trunk must be made in advance.
- Paint the ball with a dark brown paint so as to mask the gaps between the cones.
- The pot is filled with alabaster so that it does not reach 2-2.5 cm from the top edge of the container.
- The barrel must be placed in the center of the pot. If inside alabaster, wait until it dries. If there is floral foam, time is spent significantly less.
- Heat the heat gun, put a small drop of glue on the bump and quickly glue on the previously prepared ball.
- Consistently repeat the procedure and carefully fasten the bump behind the bump on the base. Try not to leave empty places, and the glue is not visible under the cones. If they are of different sizes, try to first secure large cones, then medium and small. In the case of the same size, it is best to place the bumps on the honeycomb principle.
- The base in which the trunk of the product is attached should be decorated. Dry moss is great for this. To keep it always in place, use hot glue.
- Decorate topiary. You can use ribbons, beads, spray paint and other accessories.
You will need: ball-base, cones, glue gun, flower pot, moss, floristic oasis, as well as a wooden stick
Floristic oasis fill the pot
We insert into it a stick with a ball basis
Each bump must be put on a skewer or toothpick.
Insert toothpicks with cones into the ball-based
Decorate the pot with moss
The cones topiary is ready!
The process of making topiary with their own hands does not take much time. But you will decorate the interior of the house with a unique author's thing. So feel free to go to the nearest park for the cones.
Tip!As a stand for topiariya, you can use a glass jar, cup or ordinary glass, decorated with a cloth.
Autumn decor: original ideas
In the fall, you can use a lot of natural materials for crafts and jewelry that you can make yourself
The most popular cones, acorns and seasonal dried berries
To bring a little heat to the house during the cold season, create your own autumn topiary
In the fall you can use a lot of natural materials for crafts and jewelry that can be made independently. The most popular are cones, acorns and seasonal dried berries. To bring a little heat to the house during the cold season, create your own autumn topiary. To do this, follow the step by step instructions:
- Prepare materials for work. You will need a straight branch for the trunk, twine, beads, a gun with glue, stand and bronze paint. The main details are acorns with caps and cones.
- Make a tree ball out of foam plastic or newsprint.
- For the manufacture of the trunk, wrap a dry twine branch.
- Connect the finished newspaper ball and barrel. Install the structure on the stand.
- Proceed to the design of the crown of the tree. To do this, stick beautiful cones and whole acorns on a pre-prepared ball.
- After the glue dries, work the decorated ball with bronze paint.
- Place corrugated paper between the acorns and the cones.
- You can add beads, decorative fruits and autumn berries to the composition.
- You can decorate the pot on top with dry moss or a beautiful cloth.
Prepare materials for work. You will need a straight branch for the trunk, twine, beads, a gun with glue, stand and bronze paint
Decorate the pot with burlap
Take a ball-based or make it out of newspapers. Paint brown
Put the ball on the stick
Using glue to glue the cones on the ball
Attach the stick with topiary to the pot with glue. Pour building mixture
Top up with PVA glue
While the glue is not frozen, put beads into it. Beads can also be decorated with beads.
Topiary is ready!
Remember that topiary is called the tree of happiness. He brings home peace and prosperity. Therefore, when creating it, there should be only bright good thoughts. A positive attitude charges decoration and gives it a special power.
Tip! Using acorns to design topiary, do not overdry them. In this case, they will crack and the fake will spoil.
New Year Topiary - the best home decoration
Choosing a gift for friends for the New Year, do not forget that the most valuable things are made with their own hands. They keep the warmth and tenderness with which we create. Pineapple topiary is no exception. It can be decorated with Christmas needles, rain, Christmas balls and other elements that give a festive mood.
When choosing a gift for people close to the New Year, do not forget that things made with your own hands are most appreciated.
Pineapple topiary is no exception. It can be decorated with Christmas needles, rain, Christmas balls and other elements that give a festive mood
For the design of the composition, do not forget to collect pine cones, prepare white and golden water-dispersion paint, sisal, organza, sintepon, large pearl beads, toothpicks, scissors, awl and tassel
To create a New Year's Topiary, prepare in advance flower pots, unnecessary newspapers, threads, and a plastic tube. Glue should be of two types: PVA and Super (if there is no pistol). To fix the structure, choose gypsum plaster or alabaster. For the design of the composition, do not forget to collect pine cones, prepare white and golden water-dispersion paint, sisal, organza, synthetic winterizer, large pearl beads, toothpicks, scissors, awl and tassel.
New Year Topiary. Cones are bleached, as if powdered with snow.
On the ball-basis alternately sticking all the bumps
After all the bumps are glued, they can be sprayed with a can of white or silver paint.
- To make a topiary base. Dilute gypsum plaster with water to the consistency of sour cream in a special container. Fill a flower pot with the mixture and insert a plastic tube like a barrel. Paint it with golden paint.
- From the old newspapers to make a lump and tightly wrap the threads to get the ball.
Make a hole in the ball for the barrel, drink glue in there and push the tube into the newspaper ball.
- Cover the ball with padding polyester and tightly tie at the base.
- To sort the cones, wash, dry and paint with water-dispersion paint. After drying, decorate the cones with a golden sheen.
- Make holes at the base of the cones, and put them on toothpicks with glue.
- Also fix pearl beads with glue on toothpicks.
- Cut the organza and sisal into square pieces. From sizali roll balls.
- Begin decorating the ball. In the free order, make awl holes in the ball and alternately insert cones, elderberries, balls of sisal. Fold the organza several times and also use as decorations.
- Shake the pot with a piece of organza to hide the plaster filler.
New Year's topiary will enjoy as a gift for adults and children. Especially if you add to it the original elements of the type of candy.
Tip!To raise the Christmas mood, add viburnum berries and holiday tinsel to the ball.
New Year tree topiary shaped
Prepare in advance cones, conical base, glue
Cover the base with a cloth. So the bumps will hold on better. From bottom to top, glue the cones alternately. After they can be blotted with a sponge with paint
Master class: topical lump petals
Topiary in the form of a tree of petals of cones
It is necessary to pre-cut in advance the petals from the cones
Prepare the cone base. Paint it brown
Stick one petal to the cone, starting from the bottom row
You will need to be patient
Petals of cones can be sprayed with a can of paint before or after gluing
After the entire cone is sealed, the tips of the petals can be smeared with glue and sprinkled with sparkles.